What I miss…
29 Aug, 2007
I wrote this piece 3 months after having knee surgery back in Washington in 2004. When your injured and not able to do something you love…you really miss those things that seemed normal or you took for granted.
So here’s the list of things I miss about boarding…
1. the first chair ride in the morning, smelling the cold air.
2. hitting the pipe and hiking it until i get my tricks down for the day.
3. standing out on hwy 2 trying to convince someone i’m not a psycho so they can give me a ride up to the mtn that’s only 10 minutes away.
4. waking up very slowly and putting my gear on…i miss having boots be wet, having gear be smelly, and having lost some stuff from the night before.
5. enjoying a day of riding with the friends, or seeing friends on the mtn and just riding for the day.
6. beating my friends down to the chair when i’m riding switch 🙂
7. i even miss teaching snowboarding to little kids in packs of 10 who i gotta talk to about finding nemo and bring up tons of disney characters to convince them to stop at the bottom.
8. After an awesome run, getting down to the bottom to the chair, stopping quick, unstrapping and looking up, then pushing my goggles up and having other riders realize i’m a chick haha!
9. waking up next to a guy i have no clue who he is, getting out of bed to go ride, rather than wake him and get some more action.
10. hitting fresh pow, when all the seattlelites still have a 2 hr drive to hit it.