Shay’s going to Washington

08 Dec, 2008

Normally I try not to leave town during the month of December but this year I have a family event to attend so I am flying out of Steamboat to head back to Seattle.

I’ll be flying back on Thursday and had planned to ride Stevens on Friday but they haven’t been as fortunate with the snowfall this year. I’ll be leaving on Sunday, so it’s a quick weekend trip.

Watching the stevens cam…please more snow!

I’m looking forward to going back and watching the weather to decide if I should bring my gear or not (I won’t pay fees if I don’t have to).

On a positive note, I should be able to spend time with friends for two days and family for two days. I’ll try my best to schedule something cool for the blog while I’m in town…so we’ll see!

For the readers of the blog that were hoping to meet up and ride on Friday…lets see how the weather goes and shoot me an email so we can at least meet up while I’m in town.

About the author


From the beginning of time, I was Shannon. From the beginning of snowboarding, I was Shay. From the beginning of online communities, I was Shayboarder. In the end, I’m the writer, photographer, editor, publisher, guru of sorts, product tester, curvy girl, and most importantly the snowboarder behind it all. Follow me on this journey through snowboarding, mountain biking, traveling and fun experiences!

Related Posts


  1. Nose Dradamous
    December 09, 2008

    I talked with the dudes up there today and Nate said “no chance of opening this weekend. Mid next week looks promising.”

  2. Shayboarder
    December 09, 2008

    Yeah I heard that!

    I’ve been watching Baker to see if that’s likely…but Mission is open and Timberline so maybe one of those.

    Or I might just be a Seattle tourist on Friday.