Shay Update: 09-10 Winter
04 Sep, 2009
The 08-09 season just winded down with a greatseason ending at Windell’s Camp for their last session. It’s been an amazing year of snowboarding and I’m really thankful that I can ride as much as I do and write about it. I’m in the final stretch for another year of 12 months a year of snowboarding. If I hit September then I have rode at least once a month for the last year (my second time doing this).
In just 19 days the snowmaking will begin here in Colorado, bringing the winter season one step closer. Until then there are plenty of snowboard films/premieres to distract me and possibly the chance to start the shred season early on a snow patch.
This was the second summer of Industry Profile Interviews and each person I get involved/each interview that comes back I am always stoked to see how they come out. The season comes to an end later this month, so I’m wrangling up the last interviews to be completed and I hope you enjoy the stories of these amazing people. I’m also working on Summer 2010 Industry Profiles so if you have a recommendation or someone you know who might be good, let me know and I’ll get them involved in it.
The site is keeping me busy and I still have eight 09-10 snowboard reviews to post up from demoing this last winter all of which will be posted up before September ends. In the meantime I’m working on more interviews, stories and researching stories you guys have asked about so stay tuned for updates daily from Shayboarder.com (and probably coming twice a day soon). I appreciate all the support and really looking forward to the 09-10 season and meeting more of my readers.
I am ready for the upcoming 09-10 season as it rapidly approaches us in Colorado. I’ll be hitting up the on-snow demos, progressing my riding and enjoying some great experiences this winter. I am really looking forward to two amazing trips planned, the California trip in October where I pick up a rental car and connect the dots to snowboard companies for three days and in March the Vermont trip marking my first time to the east coast to shred. I’m working on making more giveaways happen in the future including the popular twitter find me giveaways.
Here’s a look at what is coming up this winter for Shayboarder.com and myself. Come join in, say hi and grab some stickers from me at any of these!
- 9/12 At Once Productions “High Life” Premiere in Denver, CO
- 9/18 Standard Films “Black Winter” Premiere in Keystone, CO
- 9/25 Absinthe Films “Neverland” Premiere in Beaver Creek, CO with something very fun before the premiere.
- 9/26 there’s a chance I’ll see Absinthe twice and hit it up in Denver, CO the next night.
- Ride Opening Day at Loveland/Basin
- 10/21-10/23 Shayboarder So-Cal Tour includes visits to snowboard companies.
- 10/23-10/25 Shayboarder Nor-Cal Tour includes a snowboard giveaway in SF (TBA) and family time.
- Copper Opening weekend
- 11/14-11/15 Loveland Demos
- 11/18-11/19 Loveland Industry Demos
- Steamboat Opening Day
- Seattle/Washington trip (maybe I’ll wait till Holy Oly)
- 1/28-1/31 SIA Snow Show in Denver, CO
- 2/1-2/2 SIA Demo Winter Park, CO
- 3/13-3/21 Shayboarder/Comclovin shred trip to Vermont includes riding Vt mountains, Burton Open and visits to snowboard companies. Possibly a giveaway!
- End the CO season in style
- My lease is up in May, so this is my final decision time for the future.