Shay Update: Mammoth Winter!
21 Oct, 2010
Over the past couple months I’ve said “I don’t know” a lot. It happened anytime someone asked about this upcoming winter, plans and everything involved in my life. Luckily now I know! So I wanted to give an update on this upcoming 10-11 winter since I’m enjoying the winter from the California snowboard scene and from Mammoth, Lakes.
I’m really happy to be here this winter because Mammoth is home to a ton of great snowboard contests plus June Mountain is a close drive which means less traveling for me. I’m going to be focusing on myself this winter, with a much needed fresh start in California. If I start to go bonkers from all the snow, the so-cal scene is a easy weekend trip away.
The biggest event I’m planning this winter is to attend the SIA Tradeshow in late January/early February in Denver, CO. It’ll be my first trip back to CO this season so definitely happy to be able to catch up with friends when I’m back in CO. I’ll be there to attend the Tradeshow and hit the slopes for the on-snow. I’m already booked with registration, flight and hotel is just around the corner. I always look forward to SIA each year, it’s my favorite event of the year because I love checking out the new products and seeing fun people for a couple days.
- 11/11 Mammoth Mountain Opening Day!
- Opening Day Festivities include some rad stuff (music by The Sounds!)
- 11/13 Mammoth presents “Another Day in Paradise” premiere
- 12/18 June Mountain Opening Day
- 12/11 Volcom Peanut Butter & Rail Jam Qualifers at Mammoth Mountain
- 1/27-2/1 SIA Tradeshow in Denver, Colorado
- 2/9-10 WWSRA Industry demos at Mammoth Mountain
- 3/4-6 US Snowboarding Grand Prix at Mammoth Mountain. Pipe Qualifiers/Finals and Paul Mitchell Progression Session
- 3/24-27 Roxy Chicken Jam at Mammoth Mountain
- The season continues on in Mammoth!