MTN Approach 2011-2012
23 Jul, 2011
The growth of backcountry riders is apparent in snowsports but there’s also a need for an affordable option (other than snowshoes) to get you up the mountains and that’s where MTN Approach comes in. In January, they debuted at SIA and introduced a ski device that allows skiers/snowboarders to get up the mountain without paying over a grand and being able to use their own gear to do it. The MTN approach skis include everything (permanent skins, binding climbing system) and costs less than its competitors.
MTN Approach Skis:
- Light – only 7lbs total weight (including skins) 3.5 lbs per foot, per step = less fatique & longer tours.
- Quick transition time – assembles in seconds, no skins to peel and store.
- Ride any board you want – no compromise on performance.
- Less expensive – $795 for complete set up including skins and integral backpack or $750 without the backpack.
- Uncommitted – pair the right board for the right conditions.
- Ascends effectively – sidecut on both edges and lightweight
- Size – stores easily in backpack.
Close up at the MTN Approach bindings
The MTN Approach Skis fold up for easy storage in your backpack