04 Nov, 2008
Winter is almost here, I am anxiously awaiting snow here in Steamboat Springs but until then I am spending the weekends in Summit County for my snowboarding needs.
I am glad to be out on the slopes again, this photo was taken on Saturday at Loveland.
This month is the start of the on-snow demo’s offering up the chance to ride more boards and bindings to review. Earlier I asked for reader input on what to ride and what people want reviews on. Feel free to add to the comments with your own suggestions. Some companies are harder to get and offer very limited demos so I will try my hardest to get on them and in some cases, I am working to borrow the boards to review and then send them back.
In the test riding world, should be trying out new Never Summer prototypes within the next month or two. I have heard about them but I am keeping it a secret. Looking forward to when I can give out more information and updates on upcoming products for Never Summer or other companies.
I am looking forward to some changes with Shayboarder.com. It’ll be a step in the right direction and I hope my readers welcome it. I’ll put out more information when I can. I appreciate any input from the readers, any suggestions or changes you’d like to see are welcome.
Finally got some great interviews planned and coming up, articles that I am currently working on and will continue to be hitting the slopes, riding gear and lots to talk about from Shay World.
Here’s a look at the winter ahead:
- I was supposed to be in Vermont next week but the trip got rescheduled so I’m waiting to hear when I’ll be making my way east.
- Most of this month will be demo’s and snowboarding.
- Steamboat doesn’t open till November 26th if the snow cooperates so I am planning to ride opening day and spend the holidays in Colorado.
- I’ll be back in the Northwest from December 11-14th, shredding Stevens Pass on the 12th. Maybe I’ll call it “SHAY DAY” to shred with friends and readers of the blog.
- Waiting to hear if I am going to Vermont in December. I am looking forward to this trip and getting to ride the east coast.
- I’m heading back at SIA to check out the 09-10 products, already booked my hotel, flight and registered. I’ll be there Jan 26th to 30th.
- Checking out the 09-10 products at the on-snow demo at Keystone.
- Ride and review more 09-10 products.
- Mtnops Tailgate…possibly
- Telus Festival…possibly
- Will I continue to stay in Steamboat Springs or move onto another location? That is up in the air.