The end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012
01 Jan, 2012
Happy New Year!
Things don’t quite always go as planned. That was definitely true for 2011. For 2012, I’m hoping for the best and optimistic for the future. Last year I found a new passion with mountain biking and I kept writing on this amazing snowboard blog. 2012 brings the unknown but change can mean new travels, new friends and new experiences. So long 2011, hello 2012!
To sum up 2010 for the blog, here’s the info:
- Site traffic: Shayboarder.com surpassed 3 million visitors in 2011 (2 million visitors in 2010 and 1 million in 2009) since I began the blog. In 2011, shayboarder.com received 1,278,389 page loads, 749,502 unique visitors, and 161,215 returning visitors. An increase in page loads, unique and returning visitors.
- In 2011, Shayboarder.com reached 182 countries around the world.
- The most popular content in 2011 was reviews, features and product information from SIA. The top companies for traffic were Union, Bataleon, Forum, Oakley, Burton, Capita (in that order).
- Thanks to advertisers who help support Shayboarder.com so I can give out free stickers, travel for the site, pay for the site and do the weekly giveaways.
Here are some of my personal favorite posts from this season.
- FUN Opportunities
- Personal Experiences
- Blog Applause
- Cision Navigator Top 10 Winter Sports Bloggers
What’s in store for 2012?
- More reviews! It’s been a slow start but more reviews are on the way. The Burton demo tour is coming up and I’ll be reviewing a bunch of gear you requested!
- Traveling! Yep packing up and hitting the road to the unknown pretty soon.
- SIA 2012! Shayboarder.com will be there to check out, write and take photos of the latest upcoming gear.
- Lots to figure out! Shayboarder.com might go through a re-design but just starting to think about it. If anyone has any awesome design experience, I’d love to talk.